To My Best Gal Lucy

 day6b

So far, it's been a pleasant Saturday.  It's a gorgeous summers day, we took the dogs to the dog park where they played with about ten or so other dogs, and then I found out it was Lucille Ball's what would have been 100th birthday!!!  Her shows were constantly in my life to cheer me up, so what better way to celebrate then to watch about 5 hours worth of I Love Lucy?  She was truly ahead of her time in relation to women in comedy, so I have always looked up to her as an inspirational woman.  Her wardrobe was also quite the inspiration for me too.  I remember wishing women still dressed like that when I would watch the shows when I was young.  She was just so classy!

day6n
day6

And as far as my wardrobe is concerned, I decided to give my dresses and skirts a rest for the weekend and enjoy a more casual look.  I had these shorts lying around and thought to pair them with this new thrifted blouse I picked up a couple of weeks ago.  It's a sheer dolman sleeved shirt made by KORET by the 70s.  Then I paired it simply with some sandals and a wooded bead necklace.  A simple, yet thought out look, is a great way to dress yourself when you want to be comfortable while watching hours of I Love Lucy.

day6e
day6c
day6d

Everyone have a gorgeous weekend!

Vintage Blouse, Thrifted
Shorts, TJ Maxx
Sandals, Ross
Belt, Vintage
Jewelry, Vintage and Romwe