Booking it To Brooklyn

day11b

This past Sunday while in NY, I decided to book it to Brooklyn with Zach and his uncle and take a trip to the Brooklyn Flea and then the Brooklyn Brewery.  My dress was a tad bit too fancy for such an excursion, so I threw on a denim jacket for an instant casual look.  I actually ended up totally in love with this outfit!!  Not to prissy and not too laid back.  The dress is actually something I purchased with a ShopBop gift certificate that  I won through a giveaway and its my first purchase from the Madewell line.  It's silk and soft and I can't wait to see what it will look like with dark tights for winter:)

day11
day11d
day11h

The trip to Brooklyn was quite an ordeal only because the easiest train to get there ended up being closed for the weekend, so we ended up taking a very long subway which then led to a very long bus ride.  I was groggy from zero caffeine and just about ready to kill someone, then we got dropped at our stop about 15 feet away from a little cafe that served coffee from the sidewalk:)  So coffee in hand I was able to meander the Brooklyn Flea in Williamsburg with Zach and his uncle and had a ton of fun playing dress up in the vintage!!  Then we headed to the Brooklyn Brewery and got some yummy beer and enjoyed a very educational tour.  Yup, it was awesome!!  Of course, since we went to the brewery I also had to take a mini trip to Beacon's Closet where I found an awesome vintage Coach tote and striped vintage sweater:) 

day11g
day11f

Yup!! So that was my busy fun filled Sunday!!! (I miss NY)

Dress, Madewell
Denim Jacket, Gap
Vintage Belt, Thrifted
Swap.com Bag, ModSwap Party
Flats, UO