Beauty post



After getting so many questions about make-up and skin routines, I’ve put together a big beauty post. 
A step by step make-up tutorial is on it’s way, this is a general post.



1) Creating a flawless face. I don’t have a lot of skin issues, but when I’m tired it immediately shows in my have (enter dark circles and pale complexion). So I apply YSL Touche Eclat under my eyes followed by a bit of MAC foundation in NC15 - it's the the lightest color they have. Next up: subtly applying bronzer from my cheeks out and some pink blush on the apples of my cheeks. A little highlighter on the cheekbones can also make you look fresh and fruity.

2) Eyes, eyes, eyes. I just eyeshadow base, black eyeliner for a subtle wing and black eyeshadow along the lash line that I blend with taupe shimmery eyeshadow on the eyelid. More on this in the tutorial – it’s super easy!



3) Creams and skin care
. Having good (looking) skin isn’t always easy, but it can make a huge difference in how you look and feel. Along the years I’ve found out what works best for my dehydrated skin. Secret ingredients are: 8 hour cream by Elizabeth Arden for dry spots and chapped lips, Vichy moisturizer for day and Embryolisse for night. Of course next to cream there are other - more intense - ways of hydrating or rejuvenating your skin that I haven’t really tried out yet but that I’m always interested in, for example with light. There’s a new laser light device that you can test at Douglas at the moment and that you can actually use at home for laser skin care. It’s called the Philips ReAura. How this works is that you just apply a gel, use the laser light to activate new cells (deep inside your skin) and lastly hydrate as you would normally do. It gives a smoother structure and reduces any pigment spots or fine lines on your face. Did you ever try this?