Sunday Q&A



New answers are up (with pictures of my style icons)! Ask your new style/fashion/blogging/personal questions in the comments :)




Tess said... Great idea :D Who are your style icons and why?
For inspiration on how to dress I usually look to women that have fun with clothes and look feminine yet laid back. Taylor Tomasi-Hill, Christine Centenera, Miroslava Duma, Ashley Olsen, Julia Restoin Roitfeld, Poppy Delevigne, Jen Bril, Kate Bosworth and the 'French Voguettes' come to mind. I like looking at different women and getting inspired by certain elements of their style, rather than copying someone. Besides, what looks good on one person might be completely unflattering on myself. Next to that, bloggers like Elin Kling provide a great, daily source of inspiration.


Marloes said... Why and when did you start blogging? x
I started This chick’s got style almost 3 years ago, in February of 2009. (Wow, I can’t believe how long it’s been already!) I started blogging as something for myself, just because I was reading a lot of US and Scandinavian blogs at that time. I wanted to create my own place online where I could write and put together some sort of diary on fashion related topics. There weren’t that many Dutch fashion blogs yet, so it happened at a good time. I started blogging without a strategy and had no idea it would be so defining for my career and personal life.


Gabbiie said... How do you manage to go to school, blog and travel to all the events you go to, all at the same time? I know travelling can sometimes interfere with school.
Juggling university, blogging, travelling and other work commitments is one of the most difficult things right now. I want to do it all, and that means I’m always busy. Basically it’s about prioritizing: my degree will always come first and there have been times where I said no to an event or trip because of exams or deadlines. Luckily I’m almost done with school and at this stage I can be pretty flexible. So when I travel or go to events I plan it around my classes and work ahead for school and know everything will work out in the end.


Carla said... How do you stay fit & thin?
Dutch girls ride their bike everywhere, so that’s my daily little work out. Luckily I don’t have to pay much attention to staying in shape. Nonetheless, I want to take care of my body, but my irregular schedule often makes me skip on gym visits. (I try to go once a week). And despite my snack cravings – love to eat – I try to eat ‘real’ food and limit processed stuff with weird ingredients with names I can’t even pronounce :P