DIY | Last Minute Cut Out Skirt

how to make a gif
heels Topshop Unique (old)

I can only perform under pressure of a deadline and the same goes for getting dressed. When a certain event is only days away I realize that the beautiful piece I saw online will never reach me on time. This is when you have to make the most of what you already own. I always end up pulling out the scissors to make the needed adjustments.

Yesterday night were the Dutch Fashion Awards, three prizes that are yearly given to Dutch design talent. What I wore was this skirt from which I cut out a rectangle paired with a simple white tee and slicked back hair. I was afraid that the cutout would make the skirt less versatile but on the contrary I found more ways to wear it in it's renewed form; cutout on the front, cutout on the side or even knotted.