Totally Torkelson

day4c

Well, I think I can finally say that we are totally and completely  into the fall season.  At least if you look at my photos and can see just how dim 6:00 pm looks.  It's always a sad time when the daylight fades away into shorter and shorter days.  I know I'll need to find better times to take outfit photos come November when they cancel Day Light Savings Time.  I'm not looking forward to that at all.  

day4e
day4d
day4f

And now to other news!!!  I am in love!!!  In love with this crazy pretty dress!!!  I got an email about the Last Hurrah Sale that Modcloth was doing and I immidiatley started browsing around trying to find something that would be cute for the coming cooler months.  Although this dress is short sleeved and mini, I figured I'd be  able to layer on the warmth.  Plus I couldn't get enough of this Torkelson collar action.  Please tell me you've seen that show The Torkelsons so you can get the reference!!! 

day4
day4b

I used some 90s influence to accessorize my outfit by adding some knee length socks, some weird thrifted oxfords, and then the crocheted beret!  I love the way it turned out.  It always makes me happy when I throw something on and it brings me back to my youth.  I totally would've worn this same outfit in 1996.  

day4g
day4h

Dress, Modcloth
Socks. Target
Vintage Oxfords, Thrifted
Vintage Beret, Gift
Ralph Lauren Belt, Thrifted