LIFE | Coffee With Cocorosa, hand-me-downs from Dries and Ann

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday I took a long train trip to the cosy city of Arnhem for a lecture and met with the lovely blogger Chantal from CocoRosa afterwards. We had a cappuccino, chatted about blogs and media, about New York and about fabulous shoes. Chantal showed me around her home town and brought me to one of her favorite spots; a fabrics-store with an amazing concept.

It is a project of the Arnhem Academy of Art and Design called 'Trickle Down' which refers to the handing down of left overs from established designers 'dripping down' to the not yet so established. It is basically a store filled with scraps, left over rolls of the most delicate and rare fabrics that come from Dutch and Belgian designers. Pieces of pink and turqoise metallic leather that were fetched from the Dries van Noten ateliers were hanging in the racks, extremely long messing zippers and a lovely, helpful lady from the academy who also used to teach Victor and Rolf among others.

I bought a couple of Riri zippers yesterday. But regretted not getting more of the unique pieces they offer. This morning my boyfriend and I decided to hop on the train and came back with more zippers, a piece of leather that looks like elephant skin and I found an amazing black metal clasp from Ann Demeulemeester. Now it's time to think about what to do with all these fantastic materials.

Trickle Down Fabrics
Kortestraat 26, Arnhem
Click to find them online